Licensing Applications & Appeals
Setting up a new business? Need to Apply for Premises Licence?
Whether you are an established company or setting up a new business, our experienced licensing team can assist you at every stage of the license application process. We can advise you on all aspects of licensing law, including the sale of alcohol, gambling, or other entertainment. Our team combines strong commercial sense with a detailed understanding of the Licensing Act in order to achieve the best result for your business, helping you to maximise profit and run efficiently.
How do I apply for a new Premises Licence?
Premises Licences are mandatory if your premises is used or is going to be used for a licensable activity. Old Bailey Solicitors understand that no two businesses are the same and we take care in ensuring that your application meets the specific needs and requirements of your business. We will help you to identify areas where your application could be strengthened, liaise with local authorities on your behalf and, if necessary, represent you at licensing sub-committee hearings.
How we can help
Our licensing team can assist sole traders, companies, corporations and interested parties at every stage of the application process, including:
- New licence applications
- Variation of an existing licence
- Transfer applications
- Responding to enforcement and compliance procedures
- Drafting of operating schedules identifying how you will comply with each of the four licensing objectives
- Preparing and checking premises plans
- Ensuring that your application complies with the Regulations
- Amending your application in response to any objections received
- Representation before the Local Authority Licensing Sub-Committee
- Personal licences for Designated Premises Supervisors
- Alcohol licensing appeals
Contact a member of the Licensing Team to find out more about what we can do for you and your business.